Visit our Catmandu Cattery in Whenuapai
While you’re away on holiday, let the Catmandu Cattery be your pet’s home away from home. Based in Dr Chris’ home in Whenuapai, you can rest assured that your cat is being looked after and cared for by a loving professional.
We have spaces available for short and long stays. Our guests’ main diet is usually Royal Canin biscuits, but we are more than happy to cater to your pet’s needs. If your furry friend prefers a particular wet food or has dietary restrictions, bring it with you as there is s o much variety to chose
As an extension of our veterinary clinic, you can trust our boarding cattery to look after pets with special needs, including geriatric and diabetic cats that require special treatments. Simply provide us with veterinary referral notes if we haven’t been treating them ourselves.
We are available to house your cats at any time of year, but we recommend booking ahead during the holiday periods, such as Christmas time. (vet clients have precedence). Make sure that all of your cat’s vaccinations are up to date and have been administered in the last 6 to 8 months. This ensures that your cats have the highest immunity from contagious disease.
The cattery price is $15 per day for one cat. Extra fees per day do apply on statutory holidays, peak periods (e.g. Christmas/New Years) and for cats on medications. (The minimum stay for Christmas and New Years is $100)
- 2 cats = $25/day
- 3 cats = $35/day
To ensure your cat’s comfort, we provide cage runs that are larger than most other catteries; measuring 2 x 5 x 2 metres.
Location and Directions
Catmandu Cattery is conveniently located in Whenuapai and getting here is easy. All you need to do is: google map “catmandu whenuapai”
1. Travel towards the very end of the North Western Motorway HW16 (Westgate end).
2. Stay in the 2 left lanes when approaching Westgate.
3. Travel under the Hobsonville Rd Bridge on Hw18 towards North Shore and curve around the corner taking the first exit 1km later to arrive on Brigham Creek Rd.
4. Turn left at the exit then immediately right after roundabout 100m onto Kauri Rd (signposted to Herald Island).
5. Drive to the very last cross road (2kms) and turn left onto Puriri Rd, 150 m to No. 60 on the right at the base of a dip in the road. We are signposted at the gate.
6. Drive at about 10km/hr up the road and watch out for cats, especially ‘Coco’ a small black cat. He usually gets out of the way of cars.
Enquire about space at our boarding cattery today by calling 09 4167 039 or 09 638 8445. You can also email us at Catmandu@petdoc.co.nz.